If you’re visiting Philadelphia and want to check out the Fairmount area, I applaud your decision! There are so many sites to see and activities that will regale the whole family. You also have a number of tour options at your disposal.
Operated by Philadelphia Trolley Works, the Big Bus Sightseeing Tours are offered 7 days per week except for Christmas and New Year’s Day. Here are some other key facts:
- The bus is a double decker with an open top deck.
- There’s a courtesy shuttle that picks up from the airport and 30th Street Station, as well as a number of other stops.
- Tours are first come first serve.
- There are 27 stops along the route.
- Tours are offered in six other languages besides English:
Another tour option you have is Philly’s signature burgundy and green Victorian-style “open-air” trolleys. Philadelphia’s past and present collide on this delightful tour.
All of the points above apply to the trolley tours because you can choose ride either interchangeably throughout the tour.
Learn about Philadelphia’s rich history and its Schuylkill River from the river in a one-hour Secrets of the Schuylkill riverboat tour.
Philadelphia has many tour options outside the Fairmount area, including walking tours, segway tours, night tours, etc.