The Please Touch Museum is a children’s museum located in Fairmount Park, Philadelphia. The museum focuses on teaching children through interactive exhibits and special events, mostly aimed at children seven years old and younger.
Some of the attractions in the museum include:
- Alice in Wonderland and River Adventures play areas
- Please Taste Cafe
- Roadside Attractions, featuring a SEPTA bus and car
- Displays from the Lit Brothers’ Enchanted Colonial Christmas Village during the Christmas season
- A retrospective of the Centennial Exposition, including a restored miniature diorama of the park
- A replica of the arm and torch from the Statue of Liberty, created from discarded toys by Leo Sewell
Also included in the museum is the Woodside Park carousel, which was built by the Philadelphia-based Dentzel Carousel Company in 1908 and is on loan from the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Check out events at the Please Touch Museum!