Streets Commissioner Carlton Williams announced today that temporary street closures and parking restrictions to accommodate street resurfacing in Center City will begin tonight, July 10. The resurfacing work is expected to be completed by early August.
The following streets are scheduled for resurfacing:
- 20th Street from South Street to Benjamin Franklin Parkway
- Callowhill Street from 2nd Street to Broad Street
- Manning Street from 18th Street to 20th Street
- Chancellor Street from 20th Street to 21st Street
- Ranstead Street from 19th Street to 21st Street
- Commerce Street from 19th Street to 20th Street
- Pearl Street from 11th Street to 12th Street
- Wood Street from 11th Street to 12th Street
- Front Street from Arch Street to Market Street
- Delancey Place from 19th Street to 20th Street
- Watts Street from Race Street to Vine Street
- 1400 Block of Appletree Street
The resurfacing effort will be completed in three separate phases: street milling, the adjustment of manhole covers and utility boxes, and final paving. Milling work will be performed between 7pm and 6am. Milling of each street segment is expected to last approximately two nights per street. Manhole and utility box adjustments will be scheduled during the day between the hours of 7am and 4pm, and are expected to last approximately one week per street. Lastly, operations for the final paving will be performed between 7pm and 6am. The final paving of each street segment is expected to last approximately two nights per street.
There will be parking restrictions in place to complete the work. Temporary ‘No Parking’ signs will be posted in advance of each scheduled activity. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling around the work areas. The milling/utility box adjustment work is being completed by James J. Anderson Construction Co, Inc.
The project is being financed with 100% City Capital Budget funds. The Streets Department thanks the citizens in advance for their patience and cooperation during this project.